Privacy is the space in which ideas are developed, to retreat into whenever you want. This space is not only physical but digital as well. Governments and companies don't want to respect that so we become active ourselves.
What is a CryptoParty?
CryptoParties are free and open for everyone, but especially those without prior knowledge, who haven't yet attended one.
CryptoParty is a decentralized movement with events happening all over the world. The goal is to pass on knowledge about protecting yourself in the digital space. This can include encrypted communication, preventing being tracked while browsing the web and general security advice for computers and smartphones.
To try the programs and apps at the CryptoParty bring your laptop or smartphone.
- Learn how to navigate digital space safely
- Protect yourself from surveillance and discrimination
- Try out digital privacy tools
- Mobile phone security
- Secure Browsing
- And more! We want to help answer your questions!
|cryptopartybaltimore [AT] backinthe [DOT] club|
04 Feb 2017 - CryptoParty at Digital Harbor Foundation Tech Center
- Location: Digital Harbor Foundation Tech Center, 1045 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- Time: 6 PM to 9 PM
- Date: Saturday, February 4th 2017
- Secure private messaging with Signal
- Blocking behavior trackers on the web with Privacy Badger
- Blocking web eavesdroppers on your local network or at your ISP with HTTPS Everywhere
- Anonymous web browsing with Tor
- Amnesiac computing with Tails
- Guest Speaker @huertanix