You'd like to learn using encryption in a simple way? In a relaxed and respectful atmosphere? Then you're very welcome to come to our Crypto Party.
No prior knowledge required. Curiosity and a willingness to learn is all that's required. Just bring your Linux, Mac or Windows laptop.
As 6 topics were deemed too much for just one day, we split them up into two days.
- September 12, 2015: PGP (encrypting e-mails and files), Freifunk/OpenWireless (secure, uncensored and crowdsourced internet access), Tor (anonymous browsing)
- September 26, 2015: VeraCrypt (disk/USB storage encryption), OTR (chat encryption) and operational security
The timetable for the two event days is as follows:
September 12, 2015
- 15:00 - 15:20 Keynote
- 15:30 - 16:30 Encrypting e-mails and verifying authenticity using GnuPG
- 17:30 - 18:30 Free uncensored Internet access using Freifunk
- 19:30 - 20:30 Anonymous surfing with Tor
September 26, 2015
- 15:00 - 16:20 Encrypting hard disks or USB sticks with VeraCrypt
- 17:00 - 18:00 Better chat privacy with Off-The-Record Encryption (OTR)
- 19:00 - 20:20 Operational Security: my system is my own!
The workshop days are going to take place in the Starship Factory Lab.