Freeside Atlanta is throwing a CryptoParty!
When: 7pm - 11pm every 3rd Thursday of the month
Where: Freeside Atlanta, 675 Metropolitan Pkwy, Suite 6066, Atlanta, GA 30310 (detailed directions on our wiki)
Cost: Free, plus cost of tin foil for the making of hats (No paranoia jokes? Too soon?)
What: A practical workshop for anyone interested in keeping their digital lives private.
Bring your laptops, netbooks, tablets and phones - we'll help you learn how to secure them and your communications:
- full disk encryption for your computers and memory sticks;
- encrypted email, text messages, IM on all your devices;
- anonymous browsing and tracker-avoidance;
- censorship circumvention;
- password generation, databases and management;
- keysigning / extending the web-of-trust.
If you have knowledge and skills to contribute in these or related areas please come along and share them with us!
- ad-hoc discussion of the laws that govern who can access your stuff and when; and, at some point in the evening,
- our regular round-up and discussion of some cryptography basics and the latest digital-rights news, opinions, and happenings.
You don't have to sign up to come along - but if you do, it helps us prepare. Pseudonymous sign-ups are fine!
Drop in for a few minutes to ask a question or stay all evening and chat about privacy, security, and the interwebz.