Privacy is the space in which ideas are developed, to retreat into whenever you want. This space is not only physical but digital as well. Governments and companies don't want to respect that so we become active ourselves.
What is a CryptoParty?
CryptoParties are free and open for everyone, but especially those without prior knowledge, who haven't yet attended one.
CryptoParty is a decentralized movement with events happening all over the world. The goal is to pass on knowledge about protecting yourself in the digital space. This can include encrypted communication, preventing being tracked while browsing the web and general security advice for computers and smartphones.
To try the programs and apps at the CryptoParty bring your laptop or smartphone.
OLD: Help Desk Sessions
Have questions about digital security? Volunteers from CryptoParty NYC will be hosting office hours to advise visitors to help answer those questions and provide recommendations on what to do to protect your online privacy. These are smaller sessions than the main CryptoParty events and scheduled on weekends.
16 Mar 2017 - CryptoParty at SVA Library
- Location: SVA Library, 380 2nd Ave, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10010
- Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Date: Thursday, March 16th 2017
- First-step security
- Cybersecurity for direct action and activism
12 Feb 2017 - UNDO - CryptoParty at Union Docs
- Location: UnionDocs, 322 Union Avenue Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Time: 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Date: Sunday, February 12th 2017
- All kinds of stuff!
- More stuff!
23 Jan 2017 - CryptoParty with the Society of Environmental Journalists
- Location: Brooklyn Public Library - Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn, NY 11238
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Date: Monday, January 23rd 2017
- Secure communications for Journalists
Past events have a separate page: NYC past events