CryptoParty @ Next Space
- 25 Mar 2017, 12-4 pm
- Bring: Bring your smartphone and laptop!
- Enjoy: Free pizza and beer!
- Topics: Why cryptography matters; cryptography in the real world; secure texting and phone calls with Signal; secure online web browsing with Tor, HTTPS Everywhere, & I2P; Bitcoin & Namecoin; secure passwords with KeePassX, LastPass, and YubiKey; Quantum Computing and Crypto
Privacy is the space in which ideas are developed, to retreat into whenever you want. This space is not only physical but digital as well. Governments and companies don't want to respect that so we become active ourselves.
CryptoParties are free and open for everyone, but especially those without prior knowledge, who haven't yet attended one.
CryptoParty is a decentralized movement with events happening all over the world. The goal is to pass on knowledge about protecting yourself in the digital space. This can include encrypted communication, preventing being tracked while browsing the web and general security advice for computers and smartphones.
To try the programs and apps at the CryptoParty bring your laptop or smartphone.
- Why Cryptography Matters
- Basics of Crypto
- Real World Problems
- Tor & I2P
- Bitcoin & Namecoin
- HTTPS Everywhere, TLS, & Let's Encrypt
- KeePassX, LastPass, and YubiKey
- OTR & OMEMO
- Quantum Computing and Crypto