Open Rights Group Sheffield are throwing a CryptoParty!
When: 18:30 - 20:30 on Wednesday 10 July 2013.
Where: Access Space, 7 Sidney Street, Sheffield, S1 4RG, United Kingdom
A practical workshop for anyone interested in keeping their digital lives private.
Bring your laptops, desktops, netbooks, tablets and phones - we'll help you secure them and your communications:
- full disk encryption for your computers and memory sticks;
- encrypted email, text messages, IM on all your devices;
- anonymous browsing and tracker-avoidance;
- censorship circumvention;
- password generation, databases and management;
- keysigning / extending the web-of-trust.
If you have knowledge and skills to contribute in these or related areas please come along and share them with us!
- ad-hoc discussion of the laws that govern who can access your stuff and when; and, at some point in the evening,
- our regular round-up and discussion of the latest digital-rights news, opinions, and happenings.
You don't have to sign up to come along - but if you do it helps us to avoid exceeding the venue capacity. Pseudonymous sign-ups are fine!
Drop in for a few minutes to ask a question or stay all evening and chat about privacy, security, and the intarwebz.