What is a CryptoParty?
Privacy is important to the development of ideas, free communication, and democracy. CryptoParties are a decentralised worldwide movement to help people maximise privacy in the digital world. Topics include encrypted communication, preventing being tracked while browsing the web and general security advice for computers and smartphones.
CryptoParties are free and open for everyone, but are especially focused for people without strong technical skills.
- Date: January 19 2017
- Time: 18.00-20.00
- Attendance: Free
- Bring: Laptop/smart phone/USB memory stick to try out the tools/apps we discuss
- Donn Morrison: Welcome and introduction
- Britta Hale: Signal: What, Why, How
- Özlem Özgöbek: Getting personal online recommendations and privacy issues
- (If you have something you'd like to present, please get in touch, email below.)
After the talks we will divide into groups, each focusing on a different topic or tool.