“Organise organically and chaotically. Have no clear leadership. Urge people to take on a leadership role.”
Learn to secure your online communication!
Attend a Cryptoparty in Bangalore!
Governments around the world are greatly increasing their surveillance of the Internet. Alongside a loss of the private sphere, this also represents a clear danger to basic civil liberties. The good news is that we already have the solution. Encrypting communications makes it very hard, if not entirely impossible, for others to eavesdrop on our conversations. The bad news is that crypto is largely ignored by the general public, partly because they don't know about it, and partly because even if they do, it seems too much trouble to implement. (Text stolen here)
So let's go and have a party, and teach each other how to use crypto!
There is no event planned right now. Maybe you want to?
Everyone is invited! Do not hesitate to join, even (or especially) if you don't use crypto at all. Don't forget to bring your Laptop and/or smartphone!
(Please do add your name below if you are thinking of coming!)
- sva, http://twitter.com/sva. hacktivist from Chaos Computer Club.
- Pranesh Prakash. Policy Director and resident geek at the Centre for Internet and Society.
- Saidatha Narayandas(Software Developer)
- balu (systems engineer, anonymity enthusiast)
- suri (Security / Crypto enthusiast)
- Cicada (hacktivist, troll, datalove <3)
What to bring
- Laptop and/or smartphone
- Desire to learn about secure and private communications (mandatory! :D)
- Expertise, to share with others (if possible)
How to get there
- Domlur bus station is a 5min walk away
- It's right next to the Domlur Club.
- Twitter, app.net, etc: #cryptoBlr
- Pad for wild braindumps, links, ideas, etc: https://cis.pads.ccc.de/cryptoparty
see also http://pastebin.com/rzaaFkhm as an example
Please add if you wanna learn or teach something in particular!
(this is just a proposal, we can do whatever the participants feel to do and learn!)
- Browser security
- why and how?
- email service provider
- Email clients (thunderbird)
- Mail encryption
- Secure Chats
- Operating Systems
- Gnu Debian
- Full Disk Encryption